VX 450 Series
Features and benefits
Durable On-The-Job Responsiveness
- 512 Channels and 32 Groups (w/LCD) or 32 Channels and 2 Groups (VX-451)
- 5 Watts
- VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 400 – 470 MHz, 450 – 512 MHz
- 9 Programmable Keys (VX-459)
- 7 Programmable Keys (VX-454)
- 3 Programmable Keys (VX-451)
- 8-Character Alphanumeric Display (VX-459, VX-454)
- 700 mW Audio Output
- Monitor Worker Safety
- As with all Vertex Standard radios, the VX-450 series includes built-in Emergency and Lone Worker alerts. Emergency notification is user-initiated with a press of a button for the radio to switch to a designated channel and send an alert for help. Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
- When constant contact is required at all times, Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) is included to inform the user that other ARTS™- equipped radios are within communication range.
No two job sites are alike and the optional Man Down function (with DVS-9 unit) is programmable to monitor a variety of worker timed safety scenarios vertically and horizontally as well as worker degree of motion. Adjusting the settings of the 3-axis sensor adapts the radio to each distinct work environment to monitor movement.
- Solid Build for Extreme Environments
- The VX-450 Series withstands job site abuse meeting military standards for ruggedness and meets the IP57 ingress protection standard where water does not harm the radio when submersed* to a depth of 3 feet for up to 30 minutes. *IP57 water submersion rating valid only with accessory cover attached.
- Audio and Voice Responsiveness
- Features 700 mW loud audio output ideal for noisy work environments.
- Includes Channel Announcement which loudly speaks the channel description to simplify changing channels when focused on other tasks simultaneously.
Features voice activation (VOX) when used with MH-81A4B headset that enables users to transmit voice without pressing the Push To Talk button for hands-free operation.
Record and store up to 120 seconds of voice messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
- Built-in Selective Signaling Modes
- Includes MDC-1200® encode/decode along with both 2-tone and 5-tone encode/decode providing selective radio calling and efficiency in supporting a variety of discreet communications needs.
- Large Group Communications Made Easy to Manage
- Both the VX-459 and VX-454 radios have a massive 512-channel capacity and 32 groups to easily manage a variety of calls at the most complex job site or plant operation. The VX-459 also includes Direct Channel Entry to punch in the channel desired from the keypad for fast navigation.
- Additional Features
- • Voice inversion encryption
• Manual on/off encryption activation
• RX/TX Battery power save
• DTMF ANI
• DTMF Speed dial
• DTMF Paging
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• Stun/kill/revive (5-tone)
• Clear voice
• Minimum volume control
• Manual squelch adjustment
• BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
• Programmable LED color alert
• Priority scan, Dual Watch scan, Follow-me scan, Talk Around scan
• Radio-to-radio cloning
- • DVS-8: Digital voice storage unit
- • DVS-9: Man down alert with digital voice storage