Affordable floating handheld 5W VHF
Features and benefits
- Submersible JIS-8 / IPX7 (3.3 feet for 30 minutes)
- Slim form fitting case
- Selectable 5 and 1 Watt transmit power output
- Supplied with a Li-ion battery, AC and DC chargers and a charging cradle
- Glow-In-the-Dark strip
- Huge channel display
- Optional speaker microphone or headset capable
- All USA, International and Canadian Marine Channels
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert
- Key lock
- Squelch level on display
- Low battery indicator
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Optional FBA-40 Alkaline battery tray available
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
Floating easy to use design
Designed from the ground up to float or be able to be submersed in 1.5 meters of water fo 30 minutes the HX290 will keep you communicating in the harshest environments.
The design of the HX290 fits well in your hand and with large keys and volume knob it is easy to operate even with gloves.
Speaker mic and headset capable
The HX290 has a jack which allows optional speaker microphones and headsets to be used.
Best of the basics and advance features
The HX290 includes the best of the basics and also advanced features: Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan; NOAA weather channels with weather alert, selectable 5 and 1 Watt transmit power, 10-channel preset key, keylock and a battery life indicator.
Value packaged with accessories
The HX290 is supplied with a Li-Ion battery, Antenna, belt clip, AC, DC chargers, cradle with charging indication and wrist strap.
It’s built better so backed better
Because the HX290 is built better, it’s back better. If your Standard Horizon HX290 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges…period! If it fails thereafter in normal use it for the life time of the product it is covered by Standard Horizon’s Lifetime Flat Rate Service Program.